• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

To Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
What's on your to do list?

  • Washing up
  • Laundry
  • Put clean clothes away
  • Sweep kitchen and bathroom floors
  • Vacuum living room and bedroom
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
My lists are never ending! But for tonight-

Disinfect the benches, sink and stove top before messing them up by cooking again :rolleyes:
Unload the dishwasher
Sort the washing to put in tomorrow

Make a start on the second square for my friends new cushion covers (just about to do that in front of the tv).
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
So, done all that and next should probably be sleep... I keep thinking about what I want to do next in the garden but it's already heading over 30C out there and I forgot to go to sleep last night. Tempting migraine fate.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Well I've done a little more washing up, but yesterday was a fail, I ate too much and got very bloated. Wasn't fun!

However I can tick write Christmas cards off, as I did that this morning.
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
It was a lot of food!

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Tonight I have to re-pack the dishwasher and sweep the kitchen floor. Sort the rubbish/recycling and the scraps for the ducks breakfast. I'll scrub the shower when I am in there before bed, I cleaned the drain and cleared the empty bottles out yesterday.

Tomorrow I need to do a real good deep watering of the west side of the garden. It really suffered today. And it wasnt even sunny or hot enough for the air con! Just cloudy and humid, although Anya was panting when I came back in tonight after watering the back, so perhaps it was warmer than I thought. The temp will be higher tomorrow so I will turn the air con on and limit my garden activities. I'll toss the rabbits litter over the garden for mulch and wash their litter bins. Gotta rip up some grass that is trying to make its way towards the back fence and throw the runners in the duck pen with the hope they take! Move the lettuce, repot the mint and move it around the front in a wet bucket.

Crochet tonight is a new mat for the kitchen floor. Im not sure how well it will work out, but this stitch is easy to do in front of the tv and its a big project so will keep me busy a while on it.

Edit - it was defo hotter than I thought today! I just checked the thermometer and its still 24C at 11pm. Poor Anya :(

Dishwasher is on now, I like this thread, it makes mundane chores seem worth doing :p
 
Last edited:

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I can cross bathroom off the list! Cleaned and floor swept!

Still got some washing up to do, but it's getting there.
  • Washing up
  • Laundry - have done some
  • Sweep kitchen floor
  • Clear sofa
  • Vacuum bedroom and living room
  • Rubbish and recycling
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have to net the grape vines if I want any this year. I haven't yet got to try the grapes because the birds always get them before I do. I know the bobtail lizards live under it so finding a way to net it that keeps the birds out but lets the bobtails in could be a challenge. I also have to sew the nets up to use, which might take me too long. I am flooding the bed right now for the ducks to play in and grab all the grubs on this sunny day before I train the vines so they even fit under the net!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Move the lettuce, repot the mint and move it around the front in a wet bucket.

I've done pretty much everything else except this. I was looking today and there is just SO much that needs re-potting or moving... I am glad it will be cooler the next few days so that maybe I can get some of it done, not all of it, but just a few will take the tally down. I want to separate and bring the spider plants back inside too cos they don't like the sun and might help suck up the dust.

I trained the vine and saw the big boy bobtail out the side. Poor dude was fleeing the ducks and my heavy watering regime for that side. It was sunny and hot today so he was turbo charged and on the move. I'm glad I saw him, I love them living in the garden. Especially one so big, it might help deter the little danger noodles. I do love having the ducks near the back door again too, they do such a good job of eating the weeds and grass seeds while flattening and fertilising it all. I dont want the bobtails to move out for good but I also want the ducks around there for a few more days to clean up the weeds and seeds.

I have some food scraps to plant in the back tin garden bed. I took the fence around it down so the ducks could clear it for me, but they haven't seemed interested with so much live grub, so I will just dig it all in myself. I better get those scraps out before they go mouldy! I have half a cucumber, blueberries (that were bad in the new pack), capsicum core and tomatoes (I've gone right off tomatoes lately! Wasted 5 of them!) I have never managed to grow anything (besides pumpkin) from store brought fruit, but I'll give it another go. It will feed the soil if nothing else.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Triple post... I think I am scaring people off again. I'll do a list for today -

  1. Change bedding and wash the sheets
  2. Tidy the rabbit stuff and move the pile of dvds
  3. Dust and wipe the benches, tv cabinet, doors and windows
  4. wipe down the air track and air out the covers
  5. vacuum the lounge room and rabbits corner
  6. rake the mulch under the citrus (and put the water on tonight!)
  7. take the rubbish out and put the bins on the curb
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Don't start work until 10 today, so want to get the sofa cleared this morning.
Washing up wise it's just last night's dinner and breakfast this morning to do.

Early finish today, but I'm going to drop off some presents, then I'll hopefully finish the living room when I get back.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I can cross bathroom off the list! Cleaned and floor swept!

Still got some washing up to do, but it's getting there.
  • Washing up
  • Laundry - have done some
  • Sweep kitchen floor
  • Clear sofa
  • Vacuum bedroom and living room
  • Rubbish and recycling
Didn't get as far as vacuuming the bedroom, and haven't taken the recycling out, but managed the rest. Well there's always laundry to do!
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
never ending!

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Triple post... I think I am scaring people off again. I'll do a list for today -

  1. Change bedding and wash the sheets
  2. Tidy the rabbit stuff and move the pile of dvds
  3. Dust and wipe the benches, tv cabinet, doors and windows
  4. wipe down the air track and air out the covers
  5. vacuum the lounge room and rabbits corner
  6. rake the mulch under the citrus (and put the water on tonight!)
  7. take the rubbish out and put the bins on the curb

I did all my list yesterday. Haven't done much of anything today, Sundays always wipe me out, I blame the JW meetings hypnotising me cos I mostly slept 8pm - 2pm this arvo! Bunnies are lethargic too though so maybe it is the coming new moon. The air track was filthy! I couldn't believe the state of the cloth, since it lives inside, I never use shoes on it and its covered most of the time! The bunnies love a clean house more than I do, I could live in a pig sty with no worries, but they could not.

I have the cauliflower boiled and crumbed and ready to go in the oven for when I want dinner. I'm going to make a garlic butter sauce to have with it but I have to go across to the general store for a few things, just waiting until it looks quiet out there.

Otherwise not much housework to do today. It sprinkled rain last night so I am having a day off from the garden, the wind was wild. I have some fence and frame repairs to do this week. There is always gardening out there but I am not doing any today. The ducks can go to bed soon and then it is cuddling bunnies between stretching and crochet on the couch for the night.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Today -
Bring the sheets in, put the washing out
Run the dishwasher and wipe the benches
Water the front garden
Finish this crochet square
Make a cauliflower cheese bake with the leftovers
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Cauliflower cheese is in the oven now. Haven't quite finished the crochet square yet but it will be done tonight. The rest of the list is done. And I did more gardening than I expected to. Fixed the fences that broke in the wind. It was nice and cool this afternoon, managed to do a fair bit of trimming. The natives are putting far too much energy into flowers and not enough into shady leaves! Just did my stretching which turned into cuddles with the bunnies on the air track and Xander peed on it when I got up to make my own dinner. Revenge for leaving him before he was done cuddling... Anyway, next list.

Write the grocery order for the store and take it in before 12 tomorrow, buy milk!
Clean Xanders litter box
Wash the teatowels and kitchen cloths
Wash the blankets that cover the air track
Dig some duck poop into the tin garden
Throw a net over the grapes (I mended the nets today and they really do just need all out replacing but I should be able to net half)
Water the natives and the trees on the highway side then rake the mulch over
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
New list time, although it looks a lot like the last one!
  • Washing up
  • Vacuum bedroom
  • Laundry
  • Make soup
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Wash the blankets that cover the air track
Dig some duck poop into the tin garden
Throw a net over the grapes (I mended the nets today and they really do just need all out replacing but I should be able to net half)
Water the natives and the trees on the highway side then rake the mulch over

It was way too windy to do any of these today. And will probably be too windy to do them tomorrow too. I did collect a lot of kindling for the fire today though!

The chore list for tomorrow -

Clear the back table and wipe off the chairs so my guest has some where to sit
Unpack the dishwasher
Clean Anyas litter box
Fill the indoor hay box
Water the plants around the orchard and the baby peach tree. Check the seedlings
Repot a few more plants
Download the rest of my photos from google storage
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Done all of it now except the grape nets. I'm just not sure that is going to work at all. Oh well, too dark now to do anything.

Raking the mulch and digging in the duck poop was hard Yakka! Really feeling that. I still have some paths to rake now that the grass is all dead. I started trimming the front hedges too but they grew super quick this year! Can only manage a chunk at a time. The downfall of healthier soil... Healthier plants. More chopping. I do love chopping but it's bloody hard on the body. Not as hard as raking and shovelling though.

I emptied all the duck ponds and moved them around under wanting trees. Stole Squirrels eggs, sort of sadly as there may have been the last of the Moose babies in there, but 7 ducks is really enough for over summer.

So next to do -
Pack and run dishwasher
Hang out the bunny rugs
Do the Sunday study
Finish the next crochet square
Plant some sunflower seeds
Top up the patio plants with new soil
Make cream cheese
Top up the feed bins and waters
Take the bins out
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Wasn't on my list, but really should have been, but I've paid for my little trip to the coast in next year. No idea if it'll even happen, but at least now it's paid for.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Ok I have a few that I want to do over the next few weeks and keep forgetting about. I might remember if I put them here! I do find this thread helpful to keep on top of the chores.

Clean the air conditioner filters
Clean the kettle - boil a lemon
trim the fruit off the mandarin tree
update RAC
check the PO box
clean and oil the front deck (buy the stuff needed for it!)
Unlock the shed, turn on the security lights and put a load from the house in there.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I can cross the kettle off the long term list. And I ripped some green fruit off the mandarin tree but should do a bit more, it is absolutely loaded with fruit but not with leaves. The fruit that is ready is little but yum. Maybe putting the ducks pond under it was not the smartest idea. Same thing happened with the natives - all flowers no leaves. Pretty, but makes me worry for when the heat hits. I will have to go to the city to get the deck oil. I did NOT want to do a run down there before christmas, and had everything set so I wouldnt have to, until I cracked open the the latest bale of hay and found mould spots all through it :mad: so I will have to get a new one for the bunnies. And then clean and vaccum the whole lounge and bunny corner to try and get all the mould dust out, which will probably take me all week after the madness of a city during christmas.

Ok SO from the last list, I still have to do -
Pack and run dishwasher
Plant some sunflower seeds
Top up the patio plants with new soil
Take the bins out to the curb
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom