• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

To Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Only managed to get the microwave done yesterday, so that's now this weeks job, finish the kitchen.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Ok i want to plant those bulbs Ive had sitting in the top of the cupboard thanks @Death for reminding me! Now i hope this list reminds me again in daylight lol.

I want to shop on Thursday so want to remember that too! I do have enough to last til then, so remember that too me!

Try to find firewood and collect some kindling from the gumtree out the front.

Empty rabbit litter on the FRONT yard. I keep forgetting and put it out the back. And there is some old hay i can chuck out there too.

Clean out the duck ponds and contain them to the little paddock while I whippersnip the weeds. Plant out the rest of that lawn seed, it was the only box i could get and its not what i wanted and i doubt it will work, but at the more good seeds i put in, the less bad seeds get a start. Thats my theory anyway haha.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Err I think I waited too long on the bulbs, most of mine have already spouted now. And I need to clean the bunnies pen again already.

Got a big load of wood delivered so set for the next month or so :) was big work to unload it and i think its caught up with me.

Considering taking Lilah puppy to the hardware store tomorrow... Shes terrible in the car and terribly reactive to people but it might be a good chance to go before the weather gets too wet. Maybe not though as she takes after me and is so easily overwhelmed, will see how i feel but defo have to go shopping again soon.

Middle hedges are all done, and front hedges are next. My big battery hedge trimmer is awesome. Heavy but gets the job done SO much quicker. So it being heavy is ok, because I can rest after 20mins and half the hedge is done. Didnt need to whippersnip cos the frost killed the weeds haha.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Got lots done today! Lilah was trying to dig up some bulbs, which are toxic go dogs, so I had to go dig them up and relocate them today. Im not sure if any will survive as they had already sprouted, but they are in an actual garden bed now rather than randomly under a hedge. Digging them up was harder than expected! They were heavier than a few bricks too. Im sure there is another bundle along there somewhere but will have to wait til they poke up to know where they are.

Got into the shed and got that kindling from last season out. Almost time to chop up next years, once the leaves completely drop off. I tried to saw a little bit of pine for a garden edge but Im still not strong enough to use that battery saw, too much vibration. But I noticed today I could lift a full kettle with no problem! When I moved here, I couldn't even lift the thing quarter full! So I am getting stronger at least.

All the bunnies pen is cleaned with fresh rugs and I crocheted Xander a little bunny snuggler for in front of the fire, but stuffed it with old pillow stuffing and it might end up being too dusty for him. Old man gets the sneezies easy now days. Time will tell.

Kitchen is clean vaccuming done. Getting a booster shot tomorrow and if i get half as sick as I did for the last two, I will be out of commission for a week at least. So Im glad so much got done today.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
So much cleaning all the time..how the heck do other people with jobs keep up with it all? I will never know. Or maybe they dont have bunnies who make so much mess lol. Bunnies HATE mess, but they sure enjoy making it.


Pull chicken apart to freeze
Sort dog mush in the freezer
Get lamb out of freezer
Get bacon out of freezer
Put cheese where mum can see it in freezer

Sort bunny stuff in boxes and under tv cabinet
Sort coffee table
Put keyboard piano on shelf - DO NoT GET DISTRACTED PLAYING WITH IT!!!

Hang washing and clean machine
Rip up mouldy laundry floor rug
Dust
Vacuum
Clean sink and shower - but maybe after i wash my hair and the dog.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Short to do list for today due to working, but it's

Sort out clothes and put away
Cook food!
Do half of the washing up

I'm already on load 2 of washing and I've changed the bedding.

Tomorrow I'm off, but I'm going to see dad and maybe check out some cars.

Finish washing up
Rubbish and recycling out
Clear sofa and change throws
Bathroom
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I got distracted playing with the piano keyboard... Lol. Amazing how quick you lose skill when not doing it regularly. I can tell with my computer use too since I have mostly been using my phone when sitting on the patio with the puppy.

Anyway I got heaps done today and if i ever come back here looking for something to do - chopping kindling is it! I took some branches down that were overhanging the patio. Probably not great firewood but could be ok for kindling once it dries out.

For the garden over winter i have a few big projects, one is to rip the orchard frame down and replace it. The old nets I have are fine to use again but the frame is rotted and half collapsed. So Im getting some friends from the congregation to come help me with it. Certainly not a one (wo)man job! It will take a few weeks but I'll be glad to have it done and set for a few years.

I need to do a lot of raking and just general tidying of the yard. Its snowing up the hill and this weather is just glorious to work in! Problem is the dog. I cant have her out in the garden with me because of all the danger noodles, poison mushrooms and bugs and i feel bad locking her up alone. Although she did so good this morning while i was in the yard and at the neighbours place. Found her asleep on a kitchen chair when I came back. I half expected to find her on the kitchen bench. Good good doggo.

Anyway, more to do -
Make mini planter boxes
Make more mini compost zone/rot boxes
Clear the paths and garden edging
Move the chest of draws to somewhere that isnt the middle of my bedroom
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Its all kitchen cleaning today :( boo. Probably 3 dishwasher loads. Haha. And then I have to cook if I want to eat. So that will be more mess. Ugh

Took me ages to get the fire going this morning and it was 4C in the living room, so just a bit too cold for the buns. Its nice on my head though! I regret not stoking it before bed cos its defo easier to start when the firebox is still warm. I really might look into getting a 6 ton load of fire wood next... Its a lot to store and stack, but getting one ton at a time means I am having to get a load every 6 weeks and its draining doing order/stack/order/stack, I prefer one big job than constant draining little jobs. Its $1800 for 6 ton though so a huge investment.

I have to put yesterdays shopping away too. Boy am I glad I spent my stimulus money as soon as I got it! I have pantry stuff stocked up and by the price rises, I've saved myself some decent coin.

Might make some tuna and bean patties to freeze. I am so sick of cooking so to have something small and easy in the freezer would suit me good.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Kitchen cleaning day here too, and every other room as well! But kitchen is the worst, done one load of washing up so far and got the washing machine on a clean wash as that had a bit a smell to it.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Since we have a bit of rain, I want to stick more cuttings in the ground everywhere I can. The pink wall flower on the patio is overgrown so I can chop that back and stick its bits in everywhere I have a bare patch to try save the soil for summer. I havent seen earthworms in ages, and I duno why.

Also gotta do a little weeding. And desperately need to pock up vinegar on my next shop!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Kitchen is a mess, so that's once again the main job.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Ok I gotta have one of those proper self care days. My headache has been going for 8 days now and resting in between other activities has not helped. I have half arsed about all the body maintenance lately, still did what I needed to do but with my attention elsewhere. I cut my hair the other day but its definitely not even and maybe I want a fringe again. I also need to wash my hair and do a face mask. And order some more facecream because since I found one that I dont react to, I am totally in love with the entire range. My feet would love a little foot bath, but that is pushing my care-abilities lol and I just know the dog will ask to go out to the loo halfway through, so maybe just some nice cream and thick socks on them. It would be nice to set up a mat on the patio so I can stretch and play with puppy out there before the snakes come back.

I cant do any of this until after tomorrow anyway. We are going to do some work on the orchard and after my disaster of a online shop order, I need to go down to the shop again and actually pick out fresh food instead of stuff that goes out of date the next day.

In terms of chores - change the dog litter and make a new cover for it
Wash the white dress that has turned yellow with age and try to save it
Clean the shower and the sinks
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Stunning day today! About 22C with high drifting clouds. Its glorious. Im sure I am already sunburnt from walkies and gardening. I really should remember to wear sunscreen!

So, i did the vacuuming and dishes but it was really half assed. So i still have more vacuuming and dishes. Its such a lovely day I want to get some more garden bits done. So far I have killed the weeds on the paths with vinegar, shall see how that works. I dont want stuff growing on the paths for summer so if the soil stays acidic, that works for me. Time will tell.

I chopped out the chayote seed the other day so i want to plant that, although knowing me it will take a fair few attempts to get one growing.

Gotta string a wire up the back fence. There is a creeper plant thats desperate to climb the fence but keeps falling and snapping before it gets to the middle beam, so I'll string up a wire to help it out. If it can cover that fence, it will be a big help to keeping the temp down in summer.

Also still trying to clip Lilahs paws. I think I fussed with them too much when she was a baby and now shes like yeah nah not going to tolerate that anymore. Being a poodle she moves SO fast too. This is gona take some doing over many days and hopefully when she matures she will just accept it as part of life, even if she doesnt like it. Bit like me and cooking!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Oh! And I want to set up my stereo outside. Its been sitting on the patio for like 5 years now lol. I finally have a table in place that i can set it up on. Its probably full of dust and honestly I will be surprised if it still works. Never was very good.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Massive week here. Got 6+ tonne of wood delivered, mum came to help stack it. Lilah got into the duck scraps and some pig poop that was delivered with the wood pile and had two emergency vet visits, the second one having to stay overnight.

It was hectic to get her there too cos a roadtrain had crashed and rolled and blocked the highway and the police detour was through some half washed away gravel back roads. It was insane they sent cars through that! Anyway she was in the hospital overnight and i took a 2 hour detour drive home cos I wanted to stay on sealed roads at night.

The next day a mate came down to help with the rest of the woodpile. I still cant believe we got 6 tonnes split and stacked in under a week! It should last all of next winter too if im not silly with it trying to stick to stupid world health organisation recommendations. To keep the house heated to 18C is just unreasonable and unrealistic.

So today is just a bit of a kitchen clean after my friend has left. Maybe a walk to the post office, depending on how well Lilah seems and putting away the guitars and other toys we played with. I need to rake up the reminants of the wood too but that might be over a couple days as my body deserves a break!

Now I am completely broke (as in absolute 0 in the bank broke) but I have fire wood, vet bills paid in full, electric and gas paid for the next 3 months and a pantry and freezer full of food. Any money I can find is going in the petrol tank haha. It will be a quieter life for a few months.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Gotta do some branch chopping. I keep forgetting. I did some off the fruit trees today, but need to get some kindling chopped for next year from the trees near the duck pen.


I keep daydreaming about putting a pool along the back of the shed... If i put shade cloth over, it wont be seen from the road or drones, so i wouldn't need a permit haha. Im sure an online shop would sell something to fit there... Lol
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Whippersnipped today! It was very hard. I feel like I am getting drastically and dramatically weaker in physical strength and endurance much faster than natural aging. If anything I should be fitter now with the dog walking! But I dont feel it. Just took some panadol with milo and chips cos there is no way I can stand up long enough to make dinner.

I did an impulse buy on a real lawnmower, my lawn areas are still not quite level enough for it to be as effective as the whipper snipper but it will be good to use even just for the driveway part, once the mud dries out! I will try to even the other bits out with bun litter over the next year. I just didnt want to miss out on the lawnmower like I did lawn seeds last year! Once everyone realises its spring again, all the garden stuff will sell out. Buns love the new big box to play with :)

Gotta wash the guest sheets and towels, take the scraps out for the ducks, organise the dog toys, blow off the patio, tidy my wardrobe and clean the buns pens. And bible study! I've got behind on that, but the convention adds a whole lot of hours.

Next visitors due at the end of next month. So the vinegar for the walls and shower scrubbing start again soon!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Mums coming this week and I have barely done any cleaning or gardening since the last post ... 3 days to catch up on over 3 weeks of nothing lol. Lilah was trying to help me clean the doors and skirting boards. When she was a baby she used to nap while I would clean. Now shes a big girl (one year old this week!) She follows me around trying to "help" . Shes not much help.

Gotta lawnmow and whippersnip
Clean toilet, shower
Dust the walls clean the doors
Vacuum
Make beds
Wash couch covers
Windex the glass and mirrors
Clean out the dishwasher
Sweep hay off the patio
Pump the pond
Tidy bunny stuff and top up pellets bin
Clean the window sills
Clean the fridge
Fill the bin!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom