• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

To Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
After exactly two months living with my mother and stepfather, I am back in my own (much cleaner) apartment, though I still have work left to do. The kitchen needs a few finishing touches and I still need to deep-clean my bathroom. But the most important room (living room/dining room/bedroom) is ready and clean, with a new pull-out sofa for me to sleep on.
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
Awesome!

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have to dig up the failed puppy poo spot and set up the heavy mosaic table and chairs out there. The dug up bits can go the herb garden and hopefully i can actually get the whole bed covered in herbs this year!

Gotta empty anyas litter box, take pupper to the post office and figure out the freezer space issue.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Killed two mice in the house the last couple days and killed a flea on the dog. Shes not due her next flea tablet for another week, so I will put off replacing the buns rugs until then, and treat the buns at the same time. But in the mean time Im vacuuming, spraying and airing rugs out in the sun. I already scrubbed the big loungeroom rug and thats dry and ready to come back in. Plus trying to find where the damn things are getting in, cos if they can get in, so can snakes. Its the time of year to clear all the cobwebs out again too. Oz really is upsidedown, spring cleaning is best done in autumn!

Need to do a list for my next city trip - need cleaning vinegar and Kikuyu seed for the yard, hay for buns, pellets for ducks.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I want to get lots done today, before I go back to working 6 days a week for the next few weeks. Kitchen and bedroom are the main areas today. Clothes are piled everywhere so that needs doing and then it's giving the kitchen a good scrub down.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I need to whippersnip the ducks paddock. Just a few stalky weeds, not a huge massive job but still more than I have the energy for! Should move their ponds around too. They cant seem to find the green one. Its gone largely unused and is just full of leaves. Leaves everywhere that I need to rake up and chuck on the compost heap.

Gotta get back into a good walking routine with the dog tomorrow. I had been scared about leaving her locked in the crate overnight while I feel so ill, but if i dont she tries to eat my teeth at 3am and I dont have the energy for a morning walk. So she will have to stay in until shes sleeping through the night again. She was such a good quiet little baby, now she is a teenage menace and needs routine more now than ever, so I gotta keep it up.

I havent booked my car in for a service yet and MUST do that! Also pick up my post with the car (dog food order) and fill up with fuel wherever I can find it.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Lots to do, but making good progress on the big spring clean. Need to drop some stuff off at the charity shop this weekend, that'll be the start of it, but I want to go through and get rid of quite a bit of clothes.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have a bunch of clothes with holes in that I need to decide whether to chuck or mend. All the holey undies and socks are gone, but now onto the holey clothes! I seem to rip stuff more than the average person.

Cleaning next. And putting more mouse bait out. Still havent booked the car in, but to be fair, I havent got the dates when a puppysitter is available yet either!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I need to so that too, maybe cut up the too bad ones for clothes or something
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Sposed to be cooler tomorrow (pls let it be cooler tomorrow!) So I need to jump on the chance and do the front hedges.

Clothes still not checked or sewn... Might need encouragement to get that done lol
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
5 days until next visitors

Monday - bunnies litter, switch out dirty towels,bring in hay, store duck pellets, clear boot of car. Clothes washing, dishwasher, cook up chicken. Scrub shower.

Tuesday - wash towels, clean spare room, dust and wipe walls and benches, more trimming of hedges (but did so good with the last bit!), Sort freezer, clear fridge. Pick and process fruit. Rake and tidy paths.

Wednesday- xanders litter, bible study/meeting, clear fireplace, clear cobwebs

Thusday - tidy patio and organise bits.

Friday - both bunnies litter, vacuum, mop and put washed floor rugs back.

Some time in there - shopping and then dead of shopping.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I know as soon as i put the clean rugs in, a certain puppy will pee on them, even though its been a week without an accident, im sure she'll christen them. So Im leaving all that vacuuming and rug sorting until tomorrow.

Its really only that and gardening left to do. A little tidying around the tv and bookshelf. I think i might cook up a batch of crumbed chicken and potatoes to live on with peas after this ep of tv. And apples lol
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I have so much to do again, it's spring clean time and I will do a full clean this month.

Including:
Borrowing a carpet cleaner
Cleaning all windows
See if I can take blinds down to clean
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I want to trim the top of the hedges a bit, but that depends on the weather! Too hot and nothing will be done.

The fridge needs cleaning out before bin day. Gotta pick and sort some pears and cook up more apples from the fridge. Drop pears off at the neighbours and congregation. Dishwasher and kitchen need cleaning as usual!

The new internet cord got here so i have to move the tv cabinet out to plug it in and do the air con filters while i am there.

Want to make the dogs crate more cozy as nights are cooling down (not tonight tho!) And get the winter blankets out.

Anyas litter is done but xanders is next. Need to fill the ducks water buckets and top up the ponds. Im going to chuck them in the courtyard when it rains next to clear the snails out from there.

Whippersnipping season has begun again, that little bit of rain greened everything up, it makes me SO happy to see the green, but the sun will likely kill a lot off again and i will take that chance to vinegar the weeds. Before i try again to make grass happen haha.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Guess what, Grass happened in the puppy poo spot now that I have abandoned it. Just needed rain..i knew the hose water wasnt anywhere near as good as rain, what a waste. I'll let it establish a bit then try and roll it up and put it out in the new big dog yard. I just taught Lilah to dig though so that will probably be a waste of energy too haha.

Tonight i have to slice up all the meat, chicken and lamb, and put it in freezer bags. I can fit WAY more in the freezer if I use plastic freezer bags. Container are too bulky and only good for ready made meals. Some lamb for me but all the chicken is for lilah treats. I tried to make some biscuits for her the other day, and she did love them but they were really too soggy to store. So ducks are getting them tonight too.

I have a lot of food here and am set for a while despite the rising costs but Im so desperate for chinese takeaway food haha. I cant wait til the proof of vax is lifted so I can get some! Im just craving that full belly feeling of stuff I didnt have to cook lol.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Has everyone done all their to-dos? I havent and I need a list for help today!!

Make chicken stock is number 1.
Boil some apples if I have the energy and roast the sweet potato
I want to attempt more dog treats but its a lot of energy wasted if they dont work out again. So i might have to have a real plan instead of throw together.
Make a potato bake (maybe tomorrow)
Find a better box for Lilahs toys

Biggest job and not sure how I want to do it yet- Rearrange the buns area. I want xander closest to the fire and Anya closest to the window. I have to pull up the carpet under them and put the rubber mats down to keep it a bit warmer for the winter. I had been doing some reading and google says that i keep the house too cold in winter. So i thought if i dont get too used to the cold, summer might not be as hard to get through.

Clear the tv cabinet, dust and re-arrange so all the bunny treats, meds and toys are easy to get.

Vac around and behind the fire place. I wasnt going to start it again until sunday.

ugh rug now have to take the dog out bbs
 

s k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
82
Age
52
Location
Sweden
Not gonna list all the minor things...

But I have a few bigger things.

Change tyres on the car for the summer. Yay I call Winter over until next time.

Get new glasses Or rather a pair of reading glasses.
Yeah, I need to admit that I'm old and need reading glasses. I can barely use my phone as it is.

Not sure if I should mention this. It kinda drags down the mood...
But mum passed not that long ago and there is funeral plans and stuff to do.
My oldest sister has taken on most of the responsibilities for that though. Bless her. I feel very much like the youngest, irresponsible, baby brother that I am right now.
Also needs to start clearing out our parents home. It stands empty now. Dad had already moved out to a home with available nurses and stuff before this.
Not looking forward to that. It's absolutely cluttered with junk Loved mum but there is no question where I got my hoarding genes from.

/SK
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
Condolences about your Mum. Thats gotta be tough.

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Sorry for your loss,

Yes, I got most of my list done!

Small things left to do:
Clean windows
Clean oven/fridge/microwave
Sort out clothes to take to charity shop
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I hear ya on the hoarding @sk . I dread when my dad passes as that place is packed. Newspapers from the 70's, that kind of thing. I think half the reason they ordered a moving truck to get me down here was so his wife could ship a bunch of boxes off with me. (That wenrnt mine). He has a lot of olympic stuff from over the years so it wont be as easy as trashing the lot. Goodluck for it all, its gotta be one of the worst jobs in life.


I have to list all the little things or I forget! I really have a LOT of gardening to do. This is the winter list. Not all at once.

Must rip the green creeper plant with purple flowers off the washing line and try to start it at the front fenceline
Trim some firethorn on the kitchen side and clip it into little bits for the bin (and try to do this without the neighbours seeing and reporting me for putting green waste in the rubbish bin)
Seed and trim the "lawn" i need to go to the city for seeds.
Rip up the tomatoes and watermellons, truly done for the season.
Try to grow kale from seed
Get beans in before or after the frost? I know there is a rule...


For the house,
Vacuum! Switch the vaccum bag. Might need some new parts for this too from the city.
Xanders litter box (today!)
Scrub the shower and all of the sinks.

Now off to try and shave lilahs legs... She gets SO muddy and brings it all inside. This morning she stole my shoe from the backdoor while I was on the loo and gleefully ran around the house shaking it and duck poo and dirt flew everywhere. She had so much fun.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Day off tomorrow so I want to finish the kitchen with getting the floor, fridge, microwave and oven cleaned. Cleaning the doors and all that. I've taken the oven tray shelf thing out to soak today so it can be cleaned easily tomorrow.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
If i dont get the hay out of the car today, I'll be forced to do it before I leave tomorrow and I will be so mad I didn't do it sooner!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom