While I dont own this house yet it does feel like my first real home. It's taken a while and I still have a lot to learn about the joint, but its all been worth the move. What was your first home like?
The house has the perks, air con, dishwasher, a pond and 10 year old kitchen and bathroom, while the shell and wood floors are closer to 80 years old. The thick black dust builds up so quickly, and shows up on the largely light walls. I think it is worse right now cos of the construction across the road. As I grow my hedges out the front this might help keep the dust down.
I adore the area - in the environment sense. Its why I keep getting so mad at the shire for wrecking it haha. Its the ultimate lifestyle place. I can see why it attracts the oldies. It's mainly blue skies but not as blistering as the city, long summer season. Basically 100ms to anywhere. Beach, mountains, wine region, forests, desert, but downsides in mod cons. If it wasn't for the highway I'd sell a room as a lifestyle retreat!
I did not think of things like cleaning the outside of the house. Yeah I knew to sweep for cobwebs, but this place is another level. I live right in the middle of town, so I get many people past my yard and stopping for a chat. When I reference my neighbours, I could be referring to anyone in town. The entire towns population is smaller than any schools I went to. It's a bit like living in a fish bowl, every one goes round and round, everyone knows my name and has something to say. Its bizarre but sorta comforting too.
Sometimes it feels like having a house is a full time job! I can see why so many people go on real holidays now. But I would prefer to do the work myself than pay anyone else, so I guess that is a perk to being unemployed. The garden is endless work, the only garden I ever had before this one was a tiny raised bed in a tiny unit in the inner city. I know how to manage paddocks, but a garden of this intensity is another kettle of fish. Its not doing too badly, especially as I look around town. It has been hot and every garden is suffering a bit. The humidity should rise in the next season. We get thick fog in winter, but everything is dry as a bone right now. I have some amazing bird life and wildlife, brilliant bushwalking.
What were the perks and benefits of your first house? Or your current accommodation? I assume some of you would have flats you call home too. This house feels like a mansion to me compared with where I lived before, but its not more than a 2 bedroom cottage. Let me in on your life
The house has the perks, air con, dishwasher, a pond and 10 year old kitchen and bathroom, while the shell and wood floors are closer to 80 years old. The thick black dust builds up so quickly, and shows up on the largely light walls. I think it is worse right now cos of the construction across the road. As I grow my hedges out the front this might help keep the dust down.
I adore the area - in the environment sense. Its why I keep getting so mad at the shire for wrecking it haha. Its the ultimate lifestyle place. I can see why it attracts the oldies. It's mainly blue skies but not as blistering as the city, long summer season. Basically 100ms to anywhere. Beach, mountains, wine region, forests, desert, but downsides in mod cons. If it wasn't for the highway I'd sell a room as a lifestyle retreat!
I did not think of things like cleaning the outside of the house. Yeah I knew to sweep for cobwebs, but this place is another level. I live right in the middle of town, so I get many people past my yard and stopping for a chat. When I reference my neighbours, I could be referring to anyone in town. The entire towns population is smaller than any schools I went to. It's a bit like living in a fish bowl, every one goes round and round, everyone knows my name and has something to say. Its bizarre but sorta comforting too.
Sometimes it feels like having a house is a full time job! I can see why so many people go on real holidays now. But I would prefer to do the work myself than pay anyone else, so I guess that is a perk to being unemployed. The garden is endless work, the only garden I ever had before this one was a tiny raised bed in a tiny unit in the inner city. I know how to manage paddocks, but a garden of this intensity is another kettle of fish. Its not doing too badly, especially as I look around town. It has been hot and every garden is suffering a bit. The humidity should rise in the next season. We get thick fog in winter, but everything is dry as a bone right now. I have some amazing bird life and wildlife, brilliant bushwalking.
What were the perks and benefits of your first house? Or your current accommodation? I assume some of you would have flats you call home too. This house feels like a mansion to me compared with where I lived before, but its not more than a 2 bedroom cottage. Let me in on your life