• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Would Sam have gone back to hunting if Jess hadn't died?

Bela Talbot

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
319
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
If the Yellow-Eyed Demon hadn't killed Jess, would Sam have gone on to become a lawyer, or would he have joined up with Dean again anyway?
 

Gabriel

I blow
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Naptown
If nothing else happened then I think he would have went on to become a lawyer. But I think something else would have come up to spur him on. It would play out differently with Jess being alive but I think he was destined to go back to it.
 

Bela Talbot

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
319
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
As much activity as we've seen in the show, I guess it's pretty likely that he would have come up against something eventually.
 

Gabriel

I blow
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Naptown
Well, sooner or later he would have been called- along with all of the other the kids. It just would be a pretty boring show until that time!
 

Baby

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
59
Age
42
Location
Northern Minnesota
If nothing else happened then I think he would have went on to become a lawyer. But I think something else would have come up to spur him on. It would play out differently with Jess being alive but I think he was destined to go back to it.

Agreed. It may have taken a longer time, but Sam would have jumped on the hunting train eventually.
 

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
I guess I'm on the "eventually he would have" bandwagon :)

If Jess hadn't died he would have gone on with his life until there was another catalyst to change his direction. I think the Winchesters are a bit like Buffy in that way, they may think they want (and can handle) run of the mill, regular lives, but at the end of the day they will be drawn back into that world. Like, even if Faith had been completely normal, do we really think Buffy would have stepped back completely? Hardly. Winchesters are the same, it's in their blood, that do-goodness and lust for a spot of violence combined. ;)
 

Gabriel

I blow
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Naptown
Well, if Sam had not had been the demon blood in him I think he would have stayed away period. I don't think he would have been drawn back save Dean's death, and possibly John's.
 

Ruby

I'm Awesome
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
90
Age
41
Location
Belfast
I don't think he would have gone back to hunting full time, at least, not at that point in time, when Dean dropped him off. But I also don't think he would have been able to ignore anything he stumbled across, because that's not who Sam is.

I think, maybe, if/when he found out the truth about Brady and Yellow Eyes' plan for him, that would have pushed him over the edge and he would have thrown himself into it until they solved everything. They didn't know about the plan for Sam until S2, didn't find out that there was a connection between Sam and Mary's death until a long time after Jess' death, so it would have taken something else to push Sam. He went with Dean because he needed to find out who killed Jess and why - without that motivation, Sam would have been happier where he was.
 
Top Bottom