• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

What's on your menu?

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Currently have parsnips and garlic roasting in the oven for soup.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have a kale chick pea and chicken curry on the stove.

Had cucumber sandwiches for lunch

Got coco pops this weekend too! Damaged box for $4.10 bargain! Woo
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I duno if i want to make potato and chicken for dinner tonight or just two minute noodles... I guess it depends on if I give in to the panadol again haha
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Must do something with mushrooms. Brinner is the obvious choice but extremely boring so looking for something else
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Remind me that I want to try out that fluffy omlette copy before mum gets down here so if i works I can make it for her.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I need to actually cook for once, I got a pie out if the freezer to have tonight but I want a takeaway
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I had chicken enchiladas today and yesterday. Was really nice. Mexican is my comfort food.

Gona make Mongolian beef for dinner again if i am hungry enough. Made it the other night and it was fantastic, so now I know I will never be able to replicate it again haha. I might not be hungry enough though, the enchiladas were pretty filling!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I'm trying not to use the oven as much, so last night I made banana oaty things, cooked sausage rolls for lunch as well as the veg for dinner last night.
Tonight will be a non oven day, so maybe curry from freezer and just do some rice.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I got chinese today woooo! I should have had more for lunch instead of the 3 donuts for dessert... At least it means I have plenty of leftovers.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Mushroom and bacon pie. Its now going cold on the stovetop cos the dog is asleep on my legs. I dont want to move because she has been a nut today so I am enjoying the still and silent. Hopefully dont grow food poisoning in the mean time!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Made a mushroom beef and veg pie and put half in the freezer and now have chicken enchiladas in the oven as well as a bunch cooked chopped and refrozen for dog food. It was $7 a kilo at the shop!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
More pies today! My neighbour gave me chayotes/choko and I didnt know what to do with them. I liked the taste, easy for me to eat. I want to grow some too! Big fruit for little effort, my kind of gardening! So I made a mushroom and chayote pie and a sweet apple and chayote pie and gave him half of them. He loved the nachos I gave him the other day, which surprised me cos thats one of my ultra povo meals. I just added the peppers from his garden to my normal basic salsa. He's good at the growing, and I'm happy to turn them into meals.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I need to defrost the freezer do lots of whatever I can use up meals going to happen. Took out a tub of some kind of mash, could be carrot or sweet potato, it's orange anyway!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Choc chip pancakes for dinner tonight. Have a few more eggs to use up in baking this week.

Lilah is still on plain chicken and rice. Im actually getting to the end of my freezer chicken now!! I think I am just going to start cooking all her meals rather than transitioning back to can. She lost a lot of weight being ill and I want to keep this enthusiasm for food in her.

Went to aldi a few weeks back, and WOW, when they are fully stocked, its totally worth the extra fuel to get there. The bunny food alone is $1.29 compared to $4.99 at IGA!!! Outrageous how much rural areas are ripped off, especially as the shop is earlier on the exact same delivery truck route. But its hit and miss to know if Aldi are going to have anything on the shelves. I know their meat and cheese is cheaper too but didnt like the yogurt as much. It does make me laugh though, Aldi legit pull the piss out of the major brands. "Just bran" instead of "all bran" is my fave.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Im all cooked out for this week. Spent the last week cooking my neighbours choko/choyote into apple pies and mushroom pies and potato mashes. Bran loaves banana muffins, scones. Im tired of cooking and this weeks shop run was just to the IGA so it was ALL junk food and bread. Saved myself at least $80 by going for the carbs haha.

@Death did inspire me to get a cabbage. $5.99 wasnt too bad a price on them and I have some pork mince in the freezer to make a huge chow mein on the weekend.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
More chayote pies! This time with potatoes, leek, onion and bacon. Needed more bacon.

My friend is coming this week with more leek from her garden and the neighbour is bringing over another basket of chayote for me. I ran him some pie at lunch time but couldn't stay cos Lilah has stitches from her spay and I forgot to put her bucket on her head. He said he'll come round later with chayote cos Im keen to try make a milo pudding with one!

I planted out a bunch of seedlings but dont hold much hope for them. Even the herbs are getting eaten by the birds. Cheeky things know my garden is a food bowl. Caught a parrot pulling up a carrot the other day!!! The joke is, they're called ringneck parrots cos they make ya want to ring their necks!

I need to pick limes and the other citrus growing. Those trees need some real tlc but im waiting on the nets for the apple and pear trees as thats out of my hands and expensive so i gotta save for that work first. Duno what I will do with the citrus. Some can go to the pub, but some isnt going to be good enough.

Shopping day tomorrow, bacon is on the list!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Ok so I dont forget - neighbour likes Shepard's pie and spaghetti Bolognese. So these are things I should try to work chayote into! Might think of if I can figure out a tuna or macaroni dish with it too. I have quite a bit of tuna on hand. And beans, lots of beans - something Mexican? Maybe a curry or stew but I want it yummy, not boring.

I defo want to try in a pudding or soft icecreamy fudge thing. It didnt go well in cakes or bran loaves but might be better if i prepare if differently. Whats your carrot cake recipe @Death ?

Its nice raw and would be good in potato salad too but its not really potato salad weather. Could use it in a dip. Soup is an easy one but its so high in fibre its gona come out like soup too.
 
Death
Death
Packet mix!
Top Bottom