• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

To Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I need to go to the shop for the cat too! He needs more litter and food. I also have to start restocking the freezer, but that can wait until the weekend and I'll go to the bigger supermarket.

Today I want to clear the sofa and get some washing up done.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I did my shop, I did not do a list. Probably went a bit overboard, the groceries were the cheapest part of it! Also, now I definitely have to clean my car out because its got two bales of hay and a bag of duck pellets in the back. I cant imagine that is great for the suspension. So that is really my main aim for today, to get that stuff out.

Its more work than it sounds cos I have to empty the big hay bin on to the fruit trees to fit the fresh hay in. And find some storage boxes with lids for the duck food. I pre-stocked that so I wouldnt have to go down to the coast during the school holidays. I know I have some plastic boxes but I am not sure if I have any lids. Now I think about it, there is no way all of that hay is going to fit in the bin I have either. I might have to open the shed to look for more storage options. Right now, REST. The drive wrecks me!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I did my shop, I did not do a list. Probably went a bit overboard, the groceries were the cheapest part of it! Also, now I definitely have to clean my car out because its got two bales of hay and a bag of duck pellets in the back. I cant imagine that is great for the suspension. So that is really my main aim for today, to get that stuff out.

Its more work than it sounds cos I have to empty the big hay bin on to the fruit trees to fit the fresh hay in. And find some storage boxes with lids for the duck food. I pre-stocked that so I wouldnt have to go down to the coast during the school holidays. I know I have some plastic boxes but I am not sure if I have any lids. Now I think about it, there is no way all of that hay is going to fit in the bin I have either. I might have to open the shed to look for more storage options. Right now, REST. The drive wrecks me!

I have not completed this... I did get the heaviest bale of hay out and the duck pellets but that is as far as I got. Today I went back to bed, after feeding the animals breakfast, until after midday. And Im still buggered! I did do some whippersnipping and watering in the garden and a bit of cooking and kitchen cleaning but really it was an unenthusiastic day.

I think I have to crack open the whippersnipper again, its making a noise it shouldn't. But I did do ok today with it. Sorta did a lap of the whole place chopping the longest bits so its reasonable, but still could be neater. I moved a HUGE pot too, to under a drip in the gutter. I know the gutter needs attention, but now I am 110kilos again and I am NOT getting up a ladder. It would probably cause a sink hole.

To do tomorrow-
Empty hay onto fruit trees
Fill hay bins
Fill buns pellet jar
Start new bible study booklet and email teacher
Take rubbish out
Unpack/re pack dishwasher
Maybe steal some silverbeet from the neighbour for another quiche... Maybe. If I am feeling social enough.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Hows your place going @Shurley ? Finished the washing up yet @Death ?

I fixed the whippersnipper. That is such a fun thing to do, fixing gadgets like that :D But I wouldn't want to have to open it too much more, the plastic screw bits are already degrading. I put the eco-degradable cord in and I LOVE it. OMG the POWER! Haha. I only took it out to give it a test, but I was so impressed, I ended up going into the boggy corner and mowing that back. I had actually given up on that bit thinking I would move the fence and let the ducks in there anyway, but this cord and the cleaned motor got through it no worries :D

I got the hay out of the back of the car too, now the only thing to get out of there is the water. The old hay didnt go as far as I had hoped on the orchard. I thought one bale would do the lot, but one and half bales only *just* did the apple and pear trees. I probably need another 3 bales to get the beds full and the citrus done. I can only fit two at a time in my car.

So far I have done -
Empty hay onto fruit trees
Fill hay bins
Fill buns pellet jar
Start new bible study booklet and email teacher

Take rubbish out
Unpack/re pack dishwasher
Maybe steal some silverbeet from the neighbour for another quiche... Maybe. If I am feeling social enough. - Nope, nah not gona do this.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Nope, just put the sofa blanket in the wash though, and currently don't have enough to do another load! So that's caught up, at least for today!

Breakfast is next, no avocados left so just plain boring toast today.

Adding clean the windows to the to do list, not sure when that will be but they need doing!
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
I have to get my days turned back around before I can do anything, but I keep getting up after noon and going to bed at four-five in the morning. That makes me drowsy and lazy and I never get anything done :(
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
My sleep schedule tries to flip with the moon cycles. Be kind to yourself, rest is just as important as everything else!

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I'm feeling a bit more positive about it all, yes there's lots to do, but just knowing that one thing is caught up with makes it easier. Of course I'll have more laundry to do soon but at the moment I don't have any, and all the extra stuff is done too. I did do some washing up this morning and took the recycling out.
This evening I'll do more washing up, and make a start on putting the clothes away as currently it's in a pile on the bed!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Yay @Death :) I was looking at the garden tonight, thinking I can not believe I am at this point. A year ago, it seemed impossible! Tonight I am fencing off the ducks paddock after seeding it. I might actually have ground cover over summer this year instead of sand! My tip - If you're gona do the windows, don't waste your time with cheap cleaning stuff. Proper Windex is SO much better and it means far less grunt work for a couple extra bucks. Works better on my shower glass too than anything else.

My list for tomorrow -
1 load of clothes Washing
Unpack/repack dishwasher (it just finished its cleaning cycle)
Clean the toilet
Shave Xanders poopy paws
Fertilise the puppy poopy spot (just re-seeded it tonight)
Treat the green with dolomite
Re-pot a few plants
Weeding (the bindis are bad this year!)
Sweep the patio
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Nope. Scrap that list. Tomorrow i am cleaning the bunnies pen and lounge room top to bottom!

I just went to heat their heat pads for bedtime and found a bunch of bitey bum bugs! I bet I brought them in with that last bucket of hay. I had left it out overnight and those bugs love the stuff. I am a dumbo cos I knew those bugs find any uncovered hay, but it was just one bucket and I couldnt fit in the sealed bins.

I wrapped the buggers up in the bed rugs and chucked them outside and put new rugs down for the buns but I am going to have to strip the lot and vacuum because I know there will be more than the few I caught.

I will have to check the date of the buns vaccination and see if i can flea treat them too, might still be too soon. I havent seen any fleas but since I am scrubbing the place anyway, might as well go the whole hog.
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
Let's see if I can put these things down and then hold myself accountable for actually doing it. Starting with the bathroom, which I almost cleaned today before my sore throat got in the way of my energy.
  • Throw the (floor) towel and mat in with the other laundry
  • Scrub the bathtub/shower
  • Change out the shower curtain with the one I bought over a year ago
  • Clean and re-organize my shelf-cart of stuff
  • Scrub the sink and clean the drain
  • Clean the toilet, in and around it
  • Wash down the mirror
  • Vaccum and wash the floor
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I am about halfway through the lounge clear out. I still have to wipe down the walls and vacuum. About to make some lunch and have a rest with a few eps of tv. Xander has already had a long brush and I've flea treated them both. It is a beautiful cool day outside so I am a bit bummed that I cant play in the garden, but the buns need to get done. Obligation is my best motivation!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Today's list is mostly just survive work!
I've done some of the washing up though, it's a never ending pile but it is going down.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
If I didn't have my dishwasher, I would just stop eating lol. Dishes are the worst!

I have stalled a little.

I did a load of washing, towels are on now. Unpacked the dishwasher and shook out all of the rugs outside. I still have to get back to wiping the walls and vacuuming before it gets too late!! Did other things rather than the thing I am supposed to do! Boo.
 
Last edited:

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Lots to do today:
Changed the table cloth, so washing machine is on.

Washing up
Kitchen floor
Living room vacuuming
Rubbish and recycling out
Bathroom
Clothes away

Kitchen is definitely the priority.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I am all caught up... there isnt really anything to do. I mean, weeding and cleaning can always be done, but there is nothing to put on a list tonight.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Still lots to do. Washing machine is on though and bathroom floor is swept ready to be mopped.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Stormy today so I have to wait for the load on the clothes horse to finish before my next one. I did some whippersnipping in the sun breaks and waiting for the battery to recharge now. Not sure I will get anymore of that done today.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Had a productive morning, mopped the bathroom floor and wiped over the sink. Hoovered again before putting the rug down, only did the area where the rug was going but did that and emptied it out, then took the rubbish out on my way to work.
Don't think I'll get much done tonight as going to move my car over to dad's after he comes to start it as the battery is dead.
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
I will do my previously posted bathroom to-do list but procrastination is my middle name, unfortunately. Right now I'm trying to turn my days around so I can get up at a decent hour, call my landlord and get him to send over the janitor to fix my radiator and dripping faucet; once that's done, the cleaning can begin. Right now, the radiator is on full blast, and I can't turn it off or down, and trying to deep clean in a room with no windows, bad ventilation, and a broken radiator that fills the room with musty heat? No thanks.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Can you do the walk from front door to bathroom instead? I don't know if that's a big area, it's a tiny hallway for me, but it'll make you feel like something is done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom