• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Revelations and the first five seasons

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
I want to read the Book of Tobit too, I know that references angels, but it's been a long time since I've read it

Haven’t read that in years! Same for the book of Watcher’s/Enoch.
 
Gabriel
Gabriel
OH MY WORD!! Same time.

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Where do you find the book of Enoch? I'd be interested to know if thats how Joss came up with Enoch in Agents of SHIELD - the chronicon who protects and guides Fitz.

I read Tobit earlier this year. I love it, its like one of the bible fairytales. I loved Judith too - like God's own slayer. She makes Esther look boring in comparison.

If you're looking for angel references, Ezekiel is such a trip. I could imagine an early spn Angel saying "eat this bread cooked in cow dung or die!" and Dean saying, "how about no" then shooting him in the face. I cannot imagine the description of that angels arrival any other way than in a space craft. It is such a funny text. Best to read on a night of a meteor shower ;)

I was reading Zachariah today and the angels there seem much nicer than the Spn angels. Plus horseys! I havent finished it yet. I got distracted by Song of Songs in my garden.
 
Last edited:

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I read it online years ago, I doubt it was all of it though, so I ordered a book. I've been wanting to read it since we went to the dead sea scrolls museum place in Israel.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I'll probably come back to this during my rewatch
 
Top Bottom