• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Fandom Farm

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
The cost wasn't as bad as it could have been, thankfully males are easier than females. He's back to normal now, after eating all the food yesterday. They gave me two pouches of food for him and he ate all of it within a few hours!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Another one to add to the show.

I finally got a puppy! A little tiny black and white parti toy poodle girl. I am so delighted by her. I've named her Lilah.

She is sooo clever and smart! Only 8 weeks old, 1.9kilos when I got her. She is such a tiny baby, but so boisterous and brave. She likes to try and fly off the couch, she takes the back steps 2 at a time. She has NO fear.

The buns have taken to her much better than i expected. They have both got a bit fat with the extra treats and less free time. Honestly, so far, the puppy is less cheeky and mischief than Anyanka demon bun has ever been.

I never expected to have a toy poodle, of all dogs. But then again, I never thought I would have pet rabbits in the house either. Shes a little bit fancy and a lot precious.


 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Lilah finally fits into a harness!!! This is a major boost for me! Trying to train a puppy without a lead on, is like trying to halter break a horse without a halter; Do-able but much harder than it needs to be!

Shes been such a good girl considering the limitations. Shes not particularly food driven and has only really started to understand when I am pleased or not pleased with her this week. Shes just on 3 months old now and I am totally ready for real training to begin. Shes already learned to "find my phone" and "socks" before she is even toilet trained haha. Being a wonderful and good helper dog.

Anya has had a few uncontrolled meetings. Either one or the other has escaped and Lilah has been absolutely delighted when Anya turns around and growls at her haha. Bunny language is different to dog language and Lilah doesnt speak it. Anya still seems to like her though. They sniff through the pen bars and try to play with each other. Anya kisses pillows around Lilahs crate. Xander is pretty much disinterested, but he is getting to be an old man bun now and just wants kisses and cuddles all day.

Im glad this harness fits and there is another coming in the mail, so it wont be such a disaster if that one doesnt fit her now when it comes. I am relieved to be able to get into a morning walk routine. Unfortunately there have been some loose working dogs around town lately, but once harvest is over the dogs will probably move on too. I just have to be aware. Its been too bloody hot to go outside any other time, and my garden is still a bit too grass-seedy and snakey for puppies to really play well in. More motivation to get some real lawn going now!

Lilah generally gets carried out when I let the ducks in and out each day, but today i put her down on the lead and the ducks flew away from her. She was most disappointed that they didnt stay and meet her. Their paddock is grassed, and although dried out, its not black sand, which has got to be a relief for their feet!

It is pretty incredible how much has worked out for me this year. Set up well for the new year now!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Trying to grow lawn from seed in summer was a dumb idea. Haha. The ducks paddock is looking good and still green, but thats watered when I tip their paddle pools out. I could let them free roam out in the rest of the yard, but its hot they would burn their feet on the driveway. Also, snakes. Looks like I will have another lot of Oz day ducklings. Im hoping the dude at the pub still wants them when they hatch!

Lilah is going well, she can find my phone for me. Finds socks, picks up washing, gives kisses and takes me for walks, such a wonderful helper dog. She caught Anya this morning. I thought I saw Xander cuddling Anya in the corner of their pen, so I locked the gates and let the puppy out. Anya must have been in my room, cos when I went to make coffee, I heard Lilah laughing and thought wow she loves her toy ... A toy that usually makes a lot of noise and was not making noise... So I checked and found her in a play bow with Anya between her front paws. The bunnies dont run from her, and Lilah doesnt understand that they dont speak dog. Anya had a cuddle with me and had no injuries but acted a bit traumatised (which she also does when I pick her up in general). She still turned around and grunted at me for a biscuit once i put her down.

Garden is suffering big time in the heat. I just dont have enough hours to water. I used to do at least 4 hours a day in the garden, but now I have puppy, its been cut down to 2 and the garden needs more love. And much, much much more water!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Looking at new puppy names already... Lilah has been such a delight to have in life. I've inquired about a few dogs already but having just about as much luck as I did before Lilah. So, none.
Anyway, was looking at name meanings again -

43

Did we all know this?!?! I didnt!! I knew it was a pet form of Elizabeth but didnt think any further. Now it seems the perfect name choice if I got a girl. Lilah was almost named Amara. I originally was going to go with Darla if I got another girl dog but I shorten Lilahs name to Lies all the time, and I would hate myself if I called it Darls.... Ew.

For a boy it will need a dull, easy namesake, as most of my animals have so far taken after their names somewhat.... so I'm thinking Riley Finn. Especially if its blonde.
44

Finn means blonde, warrior or soilder.

This stuff cracks me up! Did the writers look at name meaning or just wing it? There is no way Riley Finn was a fluke!

Any other suggestions? Totally open to SPN names too.
 
Top Bottom