• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Discussion of 12.23 "All Along the Watchtower" - Aired 5/18/17 (CW US)

Bela Talbot

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
319
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
With the birth of Lucifer's son approaching, the Winchesters and Crowley, who survived Lucifer's attempt on his life, search for biblical omens pointing towards the Nephilim's birth. Lucifer kills Rowena so he cannot be sent back to the Cage. At the same time, while taking care of Kelly, Castiel discovers that the baby's power has opened a rift into an alternate post-apocalyptic reality resulting from the Winchesters having never been born. Upon his return, Castiel hides his discovery from Kelly. The Winchesters are eventually able to locate Castiel and Kelly and while Mary tends to Kelly, Castiel takes Sam and Dean through the rift where they are greeted by an alternate Bobby Singer. Bobby is able to supply the Winchesters with a machine gun capable of killing angels to use against Lucifer while Crowley offers a way to seal Lucifer in the alternate reality. As Dean distracts Lucifer, Sam and Crowley perform a spell to seal the rift, a spell Crowley sacrifices his own life to complete. However, Lucifer is able to follow them back through and kills Castiel before the rift can close. Mary is able to send Lucifer back to the alternate reality, but he drags her there with him, leaving both trapped. While Dean mourns Castiel's death, Sam discovers Lucifer's son, born and having the appearance of a teenager.

Source: Wikipedia
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Macho Mary!

The mother was growing on me, I hope we see flash backs.

Did anyone else feel that Crowley's end speech could as apply to fandom/character? LoL

I hope Cas returns.

Lucifer just turns into a bigger bad, but I should not be surprised by that.
 

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
Ok, first things first - Sven? The accent? I’m insulted. :p

As someone who rooted for Rowena’s death, I’m NOT ok with her inglorious end.

The boys should really be nicer to Crowley, just once in a while.

WHAT!? Crowley and Cas!? I’m guessing Cas will be back, but Crowley!?

Yeah, yeah Mary trapped in other dimension. Don’t really care, they’ll be back at some point.

Can Jack bring Cas back?

Exciting episode all in all, fun to see Lucifer trapped in another dimension. Good solution.

Can’t wait to see what 13 will bring! The battle for Jack to turn either good of evil I suppose. :)

Glad I have s13 in front of me and ready to go!!
 

Gabriel

I blow
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Naptown
I hate when people try to do American accents; they are either really plain and not very realistic or a caricature of what they think it should be and not very realistic.
 

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Active Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
28
Age
41
Location
Seattle, WA
Disclaimer: I am watching Seasons 12-15 for the first time! Currently just finished 12.

Firstly, I'm toked to see Lucifer back in this vessel! He's such a great character and the actor is terrific in this role. His spawn looks terrifying. I can't wait to see where this goes!

Now, I know this is an unpopular opinion, and that he's a popular character, but I've been hoping Cas would get out of the picture for years. Sorry not sorry. However, in true Dean fashion, I know he won't rest until he can bring Cas back, so...I guess I shouldn't get to used too excited. Lucifer being the one to do this feels fitting, if a bit ironic. I'd take Crowley and Lucifer any day over Cas.

Always good to see Bobby! Even though it's Alternate Universe Bobby, and he doesn't recognize the guys, which is pretty heartbreaking.

Good move Crowley! Definitely didn't see that coming.

Not surprised about Rowena...we all know how this show likes to kill of it's female characters.

And lastly, is anyone thinking that Mary and Lucifer may become friends, or at least allies? Time may go much faster in this alternate reality. Who knows what situation these two may be in by the time the guys figure out a way to rescue her.

(SO glad to have found this place again btw!)
 
Top Bottom