• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Discussion of 1.06 "Skin" - Aired 10/18/05 (WB-US)

Bela Talbot

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
319
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
After Zach (Aleks Holtz), a college friend of Sam's, is arrested for murdering his girlfriend, the brothers head to St. Louis, Missouri, to investigate. Zach's sister Becky (Amy Grabow) claims that he was with her at the time of the murder, although security footage places him at the scene of the crime. After a similar murder occurs, they realize that the real culprit is a being with shape-shifting abilities. The shapeshifter then captures the two, and plans to use Dean's form to kill Becky. The brothers escape and alert the police. Becky is saved, but the police believe Dean to be her attacker. As Dean later searches through the shape-shifter's lair, Sam visits Becky to make sure that she knows what they are dealing with. However, she reveals herself to be the shape-shifter and knocks Sam unconscious before morphing back into Dean. After the real Dean finds the real Becky tied up in the lair, he confronts the shape-shifter and shoots it dead while still in his form causing the police to declare Dean dead and end the manhunt for him.

Source: Wikipedia
 

Bela Talbot

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
319
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
I can't decide if it's cool that Sam could tell it wasn't Dean when the shifter was impersonating him, or if I'm over the who doppleganger thing lol
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
Top 3 - Least Favorite Moments
Billedresultat for spn skin

The later scene with Dean's eyes flashing would have been more affecting if we hadn't had this opening scene.

Billedresultat for spn skin blonde supernatural

And again with the 'romantic interest' for Dean. I get that Sam is grieving Jess, but why does anyone have to be physically interested? So lame.

Um...that Sam's email is lawboy? Idk, I really love this episode :D

Top 3 - Absolute Favorite Moments
Relateret billede

A truly amazing scene that ages like fine wine when it comes to the special effects and makeup use.

Billedresultat for spn skin

I like that the case comes through Sam and his college friends.

Billedresultat for spn skin

The Sam and Fake!Dean fight scene!

Rating - 7.5/10
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Loving the music during this first scene, supernatural really does have some great music.
We do get a few of these flashforward/flashback type of episodes, usually involving the guys getting arrested!
I'm with Dean, 5:30am is not a time to be functioning!
Why do these shows have such big sewers? Maybe I just don't know our sewer systems well enough but I don't think it's something that clean or where you want to walk around.
At least Sam is concealing his gun, unlike Dean running around scaring people.
The shapeshifter getting into Sams head.
Is the shapeshifter bonding with Dean, with Dean memories?
Oh shirtless Dean!
The guy is walking around with my face, it's kinda personal!
I do like the fight scene, but also that the shapeshifter changed back into Dean
Also like that there's no hesitate about Dean shooting myself
Little Becky, looks quite a bit older than Sam though
 
Top Bottom