• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Accents

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
We all know how bad David Boreanaz accent was in Buffy. Which are the worst you have ever heard? Which are the best?

Ok, first things first - Sven? The accent? I’m insulted. :p
At least you haven't had "British" accents all the time!
I hate when people try to do American accents; they are either really plain and not very realistic or a caricature of what they think it should be and not very realistic.


My fave aussie who does accents is of course Eliza Taylor. Both hers and Bob Morley are less grating than real americans :p I do find joy in hearing the slip ups from time to time.

The worst I have heard is on this Aussie show called Pine Gap. They were so bad I had to turn it off. Also the show was boring.

I haven't seen Sliders for a long time, but they once slid to a world where Australia was in charge and the accents were bad from memory. Now days Hollywood seems to love aussies so there are less crappy aussie accents around the place.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I thought he was Jamaican...

I always thought the show was called the one hundred not the hundred. I even suffered through the first season.

Wrong Bob. Mine is cuter ;)


What did you think of the accents? I duno why calling it the one hundred is so bad really. For me it was a thrill to see my fave soap stars go from this


to this


Makes my little fandom heart happy. I love soap stars! Especially on sci fi trash :)

Anyway this thread is about accents. Stop distracting me.
 

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
We all know how bad David Boreanaz accent was in Buffy. Which are the worst you have ever heard? Which are the best?

In Swedish? Worst would probably be Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I had to turn off the movie, that’s how bad it was.

Best? Ehm, none of them? Lol.
It always tends to sound really over the top, a la
Which is close to the real thing, just a bit... much :p everything tends to sound like the Nordic guys in ”Dude, where’s my car?”
 
Shurley
Shurley
Or that other Sven, from a certain episode about mummies... :P
Top Bottom